[Python-Dev] Parallel test execution on buildbot

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat May 8 19:48:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Has anyone considered using regrtest's -j option in the buildbot
> configuration to speed up the test runs?

Perhaps some buildbots are doing other useful tasks, in addition to
simply building Python. This should probably be a case by case setting.
I don't know how easy it is to add specific options to a buildslave.

One small issue would be that, currently, when a buildbot hangs, you
know which test it is hung in since it's the last one displayed.
This isn't true with -j (but perhaps we can improve the runner to fix
this).

Regards

Antoine.