[Python-Dev] Parallel test execution on buildbot

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Sun May 9 13:49:37 CEST 2010

Le dimanche 09 mai 2010 11:08:29, Michael Foord a écrit :
> FWIW I *usually* run the test suite with parallelization (it is just so
> much quicker) and these days *rarely* see spurious failures as a result.
> This is on Mac OS X, YMMV.

I use regrtest.py -j 4 on a Intel Quad Core on Linux: 4 tests are really
running at the same time, and I only get only one spurious failure:
test_ioctl. It should be easy to fix this test.

Or we can maybe write a blacklist of tests not compatible with multiprocessing
mode (or the opposite, a whitelist of compatible tests).

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/