[Python-Dev] Fixing the GIL (with a BFS scheduler)

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sun May 16 22:32:19 CEST 2010

I'm interested in having *something*, but I'm not particularly
interested in the 3.x branch.  I expect it to be at least 5 years before
the various Python subsystems I depend on are all ported to 3.x, and I
expect it to be at least that long before I can move onto a version of
OS X that ships with Python 3 as the default system Python.

Right now, I'm faced with the prospect of Apple's next OS including
Python 2.7, and being saddled with the current Python 2.x terrible
multicore behavior for the next 5 years or so.  We badly need some kind
of patch for this in the 2.x branch.

Bill