[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Sun May 23 13:56:05 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 13:29, Brian Quinlan <brian at sweetapp.com> wrote:
> Parts of it, yes. Just like I can replace most operations in os.path and
> urlparse with a few lines of code.

Yeah, but "parts of" is not the question. I've read the PEP, and I do
*not* know how to implement it. That means it's not a trivial module,
so that argument doesn't hold up here, even if we accept it as valid
(which I actually don't). I don't think any module in the stdlib is
entirely trivial. Yes, even parsing an URL is non-trivial, as shown by
the fact that the urlparse module apparently has a bug in it for urls
like svn+ssh://foo.bar/frotz. ;-)

Also, even trivial modules can be useful if you use them a lot.

> How would you define "very short"?

That's not up to me to decide.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64