[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon May 24 02:00:05 CEST 2010

Brian Quinlan wrote:

> Simple modules are unlikely to develop a following because it is  too
> easy to partially replicate their functionality.

I don't think it needs a particularly large following.
What it does need is at least a few people using it in
some real projects.

No matter how much discussion there is and how much
apparent agreement is reached, it's no substitute for
practical experience. Often API design mistakes are only
found when trying to use the library for real.

--
Greg