[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu May 27 02:29:35 CEST 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010 10:19:50 +1000

> futures.ThreadPoolExecutor would likely be refactored to inherit from
> the mooted pool.ThreadPool.

There still doesn't seem to be reason to have two different thread pool
APIs, though. Shouldn't there be one obvious way to do it?

> I'd also consider a simple thread pool and an actual executor different
> things. I'm fine with the longer names, but if I was going to drop a
> word from the names, it would actually be "Pool" (i.e. ThreadExecutor,
> ProcessExecutor).

To me, ThreadPool looks a lot more obvious than ThreadExecutor
("obvious" in that I can easily find it again, and I don't need to
read some documentation to know what it is).

Regards

Antoine.