[Python-Dev] PEP 3148 ready for pronouncement

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Thu May 27 04:48:04 CEST 2010

On 5/26/2010 8:03 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 27/05/10 02:27, Terry Reedy wrote:
>> I am suggesting that if we add a package, we do it right, from the
>> beginning.
>
> This is a reasonable point of view, but I wouldn't want to hold up PEP
> 3148 over it (call it a +0 for the idea in general, but a -1 for linking
> it to the acceptance of PEP 3148).

That sounds backward. How can you justify accepting PEP 3148 into a
"concurrent" namespace without also accepting the demand for such a
namespace? What is the contingency if this TBD migration PEP is not
accepted, what happens to PEP 3148? After all, there was some complaints
about just calling it "futures", without putting it in a "concurrent"
namespace.

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com