[Python-Dev] tp_dealloc

smarv at gmx.net smarv at gmx.net
Mon May 31 20:45:22 CEST 2010

Hi,
when embedding python 3.1, I have my own free-method in tp_dealloc.
The allocated memory is in host-memory, not in python (dll). Now, the problem is, Python appears to read-access the deallocated memory still after tp_dealloc. After tp_dealloc, I get an access violation if the pyobject-header fields have been modified inside tp_dealloc. If I leave the header unmodified, then no access violation occurs. Accessing deallocated memory sounds like a bug, or is this intended design?

Thank you
Marvin