[Python-Dev] On breaking modules into packages Was: [issue10199] Move Demo/turtle under Lib/

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Nov 3 01:28:48 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Raymond Hettinger
<raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some forces against packaging are that it breaks the class browser.  As you say, different users of different toolsets are affected differently.  For me, the unittest split broke my usual ways of finding out how the new methods were implemented.

Maybe the IDLE class browser can be fixed; there is plenty of code
with this structure that can't or won't be restructured, no matter how
strongly PEP 8 is worded. FWIW, personally I don't use the IDLE class
browser -- I use Emacs, grep, and find. :-)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)