[Python-Dev] On breaking modules into packages Was: [issue10199] Move Demo/turtle under Lib/

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Nov 3 21:59:35 CET 2010

Maybe this is the real problem?  It's 2010, we should all be far enough beyond EDLIN that our editors can jump to the definition of a Python class.  Even Vim can be convinced to do this (<http://rope.sourceforge.net/ropevim.html>).  Could Python itself make this easier?  Maybe ship with a command that says "hey, somewhere on sys.path, there is a class with <this name>.  Please run '$EDITOR file +line' (or the current OS's equivalent) so I can look at the source code".