[Python-Dev] Python-3 transition in Arch Linux

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 5 01:19:59 CET 2010

On 05/11/10 08:40, Laurens Van Houtven wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Allan McRae<allan at archlinux.org>  wrote:
>> According to #python, we are all idiots....
>
> I realize this is not really what your message was about and for sake
> of brevity you used a bit of a hyperbole, but like Thomas I would
> still like to nip in right there. #python is a pretty big channel. I
> think everyone understands that reducing it in its entirety to a
> single opinion as inflammatory as "you're all idiots" is at best
> oversimplifying and at worst offensive.
<snip>

Of course, and I was not intending to offend here.  It was more of a
running commentary on the unintended influx of Arch Linux users to the
channel and some of the responses posted to them (some of which I found
rather amusing when forwarded to me - especially the early response as
people were figuring out what was going on).

I also agree with the "NO ARCH" topic at the moment. I was fairly
surprised so many people went to #python for help given we had made news
posts and had a topic in our IRC channel pointing to how to start fixing
issues.

Allan