[Python-Dev] r86355 - python/branches/py3k/Modules/_pickle.c

Alexander Belopolsky alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:12:35 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
..
>> C99 allows it.  Which compiler is giving you trouble?
>
> One part of the answer is that we generally try to enforce C89
> compatibility. I don't know if any modern compiler would mind, though.

I know, but if we ever start making exceptions, this would be a
particularly harmless one.  There must be a reason why we don't use
-std=c89 flag with the standard config.  I don't think too many people
remember that c89 allows trailing commas in array and struct
initialization lists, but not in enum declarations.  Without compiler
help, enforcing this is an unnecessary maintenance burden.