[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r86355 - python/branches/py3k/Modules/_pickle.c

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Nov 11 07:09:58 CET 2010

Alexander Belopolsky writes:
 > On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull
 > <stephen at xemacs.org> wrote:
 > > ...  On the original question, I
 > > think it's preferable to keep compilers happy unless you're willing to
 > > *require* C99.
 >
 > Hmm, maybe I should take another look at http://bugs.python.org/issue4805 .
 >
 > Note that issue #10359 was not about any real compiler

True, but a real compiler has been mentioned in the thread, and I know
that every time XEmacs lets a non-C89 feature slip through (most
commonly, "//" comments and declarations following non-declarations,
the latter being a killer feature in C-like languages IMO, but our
current coding standard says "C89") we get build breakage reports.