[Python-Dev] Issues 9931 and 9055 - test_ttk_guionly and buildbot run as a service

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Nov 12 18:07:44 CET 2010

On 11/12/2010 3:44 AM, Paul Moore wrote:
> Hi,
> My buildbot has been failing for some time because of these 2 issues,
> both related to the fact that tests are hanging when run as a service
> (and hence have no display to open GUI elements on). Both issues have
> patches, and as far as I am aware, the patches fix the issues
> reasonably well. What can I do to move these 2 issues forwards? As
> things stand, my buildbot is not providing a lot of value on the 3.x
> branch :-(

http://bugs.python.org/issue9055
is marked as a 2.7 issue only, perhaps fixed by Tim Golden's committed
patches. Should it be re-versioned for 3.1/2? There is no patch file
attached, though perhaps the code in Yamamoto's message is meant as such
(but for which version?). So the first thing you could do is clarify the
current status and remaining issue on the tracker.

http://bugs.python.org/issue9931
by Yamamoto is marked for all 3 versions. It seems to be a similar
issue, though marked 'test' rather than 'ctypes'. It does have a patch
by him apparently based on his previous comments. The issue has no
to provide one;-). If it looks great (no changes that you can think of)
and works great, say so. Then it can move on to commit review stage.

PS. Providing links like the above makes it easier for multiple people
to take a look and respond.

--
Terry Jan Reedy