[Python-Dev] Proposed adjustments to PEP 0 generation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:34:22 CET 2010

The lists of Meta-PEPs and Other Informational PEPs at the beginning
of PEP 0 are starting to get a little long, and contain some outdated
information that doesn't really deserve pride of place at the top of
the PEP index.

If I don't hear any objections in this thread, I plan to make the
following tweaks to the PEP 0 generator "soonish":
- make these two lists respect the "Withdrawn" and "Rejected" flags
(i.e. taking the relevant PEPs out of this list and dropping them into
later categories)
- adding a new "Historical" category for PEPs that have served their
purpose and are no longer of immediate interest (primarily old release
PEPs, but also the old SVN migration PEP, the DVCS study and PEP 42)

Regards,
Nick.