[Python-Dev] Breaking undocumented API

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Nov 17 16:24:12 CET 2010

On Nov 17, 2010, at 9:19 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> (and is a little trickier in the case of module level globals, since those can't be deprecated properly)

People keep saying this, but there have already been examples shown of how to do it. I actually think that python should include a way to do so standard -- it's a reasonable enough desire, as shown by how many times in this thread the inability to do so has been mentioned. If the existing working 3rd-party mechanisms aren't good enough for python-dev standards, come up with a new way...

James