[Python-Dev] Mercurial Schedule

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 18 17:25:41 CET 2010

Am 17.11.2010 08:18, schrieb Georg Brandl:
> Am 16.11.2010 19:38, schrieb Jesus Cea:
>> Is there any updated mercurial schedule?.
>>
>> Any impact related with the new 3.2 schedule (three weeks offset)?
>
> I've been trying to contact Dirkjan and ask; generally, I don't
> see much connection to the 3.2 schedule (with the exception that
> the final migration day should not be a release day.)

Please reconsider. When Python migrates to Mercurial, new features
will be added to Python, most notably a new way of identifying versions,
perhaps new variables in the sys module. So far, the policy has been
that no new features can be added after beta 1. So consequentially,
migrating 3.2 to Mercurial would violate that policy if done after b1.
Consequentially, we would need to release 3.2 from Subversion, which
in turn means that the Mercurial migration should be delayed until
after 3.2 is released.

Alternatively, b1 should be postponed until after the Mercurial
migration is done.

Regards,
Martin