[Python-Dev] Web servers, bytes, str, documentation, Python 3.2a4

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sun Nov 21 18:18:20 CET 2010

On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 23:52:45 -0800, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
> Sadly, cgi.py input handling seems to depend on the email module,
> thought to be fixed for 3.2, but it is not clear if that has been
> achieved, or if the surrogate encode workaround is sufficient for this.
> More testing needed, but I don't have such a test case developed yet.

Indeed, this should theoretically be fixable now.  The email module
is now perfectly capable of both consuming and producing binary data.
The user of the module doesn't need to care how this was achieved unless
they want to do processing of non-RFC conformant data.

I want to look at the CGI issue, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com