[Python-Dev] Re-enable warnings in regrtest and/or unittest

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Nov 22 23:01:12 CET 2010

On 22/11/2010 21:08, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Brett Cannon<brett at python.org>  wrote:
>> The problem with that is it means developers who switch to Python 3.2
>> or whatever are suddenly going to have their tests fail until they
>> update their code to turn the warnings off.
> That sounds like a feature to me... :-)

I think Ezio was suggesting just turning warnings on by default when
unittest is run, not turning them into errors. Ezio is suggesting that
developers could explicitly turn warnings off again, but when you use
the default test runner warnings would be shown. His logic is that
warnings are for developers, and so are tests...

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.