[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r86750 - python/branches/py3k/Demo/curses/life.py

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Nov 27 16:07:18 CET 2010

On 27/11/2010 15:04, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Michael Foord
> <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk>  wrote:
>>> I just resign myself to having to spell words like colour and
>>> serialise wrong when I'm working on Python. Compared to the
>>> adjustments the non-native English speakers have to make, I figure I'm
>>> getting off lightly ;)
>>>
>> I *thought* that the Python policy was that English speakers wrote
>> documentation in English and American speakers wrote documentation in
>> American and that we *don't* insist on US spellings in the Python
>> documentation?
> If we're just talking about those things in generally, then that's a
> reasonable rule. But when in close proximity to an actual API that
> uses the American spelling, or modifying a file that uses the relevant
> word a lot, following the prevailing style is a definite courtesy to
> the reader.

Ok, thanks. Sounds like a good guideline.

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.