[Python-Dev] Celebrating issue #10000

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Oct 1 03:40:00 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Amaury just filed issue #10000 yesterday; as counting started with
> 1000, we are now into 9000 roundup issues.

Congratulations!

> I have become quite fond of roundup over the years, and would like to
> thank Ka-Ping Yee, Richard Jones, and Erik Forsberg for getting us
> here.

Yes, thanks to all those involved in moving to a free issue tracker for
Python and maintaining it past the initial stages.

I'm glad Roundup and PostgreSQL are both up to the task and, by Martin's
account, good to use.

> There are many contributions to this infrastructure, both from
> individuals and software projects, but I'd like to single out two of
> them which have I also appreciate very much: the folks at Upfront
> Hosting have helped a lot to keep the system running

Yay! Donating resources to free software projects *and* allowing
administrative control over the software is really valuable.

--
 \      “It's up to the masses to distribute [music] however they want |
  `\    … The laws don't matter at that point. People sharing music in |