[Python-Dev] sad state of OS X Python testing...

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat Oct 2 20:50:05 CEST 2010

Folks, I was looking at the buildbots again.  Do you realize that we
have no OS X Snow Leopard buildbot?  No Intel Leopard buildbot?  Well
over half of Mac users are using Snow Leopard, and we're not testing on
that platform.  In fact, the only Intel OS X machine we're testing on
is a Core Duo, not a Core 2 Duo, and that's running Tiger.

Surely someone could volunteer an old Intel Mac to run some tests?
(Actually, two someones -- we'd need separate machines for Leopard and
Snow Leopard.)  I'd be happy to stick it in a server room at PARC and
keep an eye on it.  (Right now I've got a rack full of old eMacs and a
G5 running PPC buildbots.)  Perhaps we could get Apple to contribute
some "seconds"?  I believe donations to the PSF are deductible.

Bill