[Python-Dev] PyCon 2011 Call for Tutorials

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 16:18:11 CEST 2010

NB: Posting on behalf of Greg Lindstrom, our tutorial coordinator:

PyCon 2011 will be held March 9th through the 17th, 2011 in Atlanta,
Georgia. (Home of some of the best southern food you can possibly find
on Earth!) The PyCon conference days will be March 11-13, preceded by
two tutorial days (March 9-10), and followed by four days of development
sprints (March 14-17).

The call for tutorial proposals is open until November 1 and we want to
encourage you to submit a class idea!  Teachers are paid for their
efforts and it's a great opportunity for you to teach to a room full of
people who have paid to hear what you have to say?

Tutorials are 3-hour long classes (with a refreshment break) taught be
some of the leading minds in the Python community.  Classes range from
beginner (Introduction to Python) to advanced (OOP, Data Storage and
Optimization) and everything in between.  If you don't feel up to
teaching a class, you can always encourage your favorite mentor to teach
it!  Anything Python may be proposed for a class and a variety of topics
is always presented but we can't offer what isn't proposed!
Get more information at http://us.pycon.org/2011/about/ under the
"Tutorial Days" section.  Submit your idea on the site under the
"Speakers" tab.  That's it!  You could be teaching a class at PyCon next
March.  See you in Atlanta!