[Python-Dev] Rietveld integration into Roundup

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 5 21:25:34 CEST 2010

Am 05.10.10 20:15, schrieb Alexander Belopolsky:
> I followed the review link from issue5109 to arrive at
> http://bugs.python.org/review/5109/patch/179/325 .  On the review page
> I clicked on Modules/arraymodule.c>  View for side-by-side diff and
> got
>
> Error fetching None/Modules/arraymodule.c?rev=83179: InvalidURLError:
> Protocol '%s' is not supported.

That currently happens for a lot of patches. It can't figure out what
the base branch is, and goes to the Rietveld Issue object - on which
it is None (because I believe Rietveld is misguided in associating
base URLs with issues - they belong to patchsets, as different patches
on the same issues might work on different branches).

> On the other hand, the unified diff link works.

It already has the unified diff - just not the base text that it was
generated from (and hence also not the new text).

> Note that the "Tracker Branch" shows /branches/release27-maint even
> though the patch is for py3k.

Yes - it miscomputed it, based on the revision number in the patch
(which was a revision in which 2.7 was modified).

Regards,
Martin