[Python-Dev] [Pythonmac-SIG] sad state of OS X Python testing...

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 17:11:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > The failure is happening just because it can't possibly succeed, I set
> > up the account for the buildbot in such a way that it has no access to
> > a GUI context. I'm going to rectify that today so I can properly test
> > TK.
>
> Well, a nice thing would be for tests to be properly skipped in this
> situation, rather than fail or crash :) Do you think you can try to
> write a patch for this?

Absolutely, that's on my TODO list. First, figuring out the buildslave
control process; then isolating where that crash is happening and reporting
it to whomever (which, I think in a cursory look, is actually the TK folks);
then figuring out how to convert no-GUI-context-possible situations into a
skip.

--S