[Python-Dev] Distutils2 scripts

Giampaolo Rodolà g.rodola at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 01:11:24 CEST 2010

Wouldn't be kinda weird that one can open the command prompt and run
"pysetup" but not "python" on Windows?
I recall an old issue on the bug tracker in which the latter proposal
was widely discussed and finally rejected for reasons I can't remember
(and it seems I can't even find the bug right now).
I think it's likely that those same reasons are valid for "pysetup" in
the same manner.

For the record, I would be more than happy to be able to open the
command prompt and type "pysetup" and "python" with success, one day.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/