[Python-Dev] Stable build slaves authority

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 00:50:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 17:42, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> > I'll give it a go; I have all the software needed to run the buildbot on
> > it already besides VC Express, which I'm installing now. If ultimately
> > it becomes too much of a pain, I'll go back to just providing the mac.
> > But, I actually have a vested interest in upgrading our Python to 64-bit
> > in the next few months, so! I'm motivated.
>
> That won't work, will it? VC Express doesn't come with an AMD64
> compiler (I *think* it's possible to use the SDK one, but this again
> is more complicated).
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Correct. There are a few hacky ways to get Express to use the x64 SDK, or so
I read.

I have a Server 2008 R2 x64 box with the full Visual Studio that I could add
to the buildbot fleet. It's a dual core with 4 GB of RAM, plenty of disk
space, and it runs 24/7.

I'll see about getting that setup as a build slave.