[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r85486 - python/branches/py3k/configure

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 14 20:27:04 CEST 2010

Am 14.10.2010 19:57, schrieb Daniel Stutzbach:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:38 PM, barry.warsaw
> <python-checkins at python.org <mailto:python-checkins at python.org>> wrote:
>
>     -# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.65 for python 3.2.
>     +# Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.67 for python 3.2.
>

> Was the change in autoconf versions intentional and/or is it a problem?

I think it was intentional (at least deliberate), but I think it is a
problem and should be reverted. There is, at any point, the official
version that Python uses for autoconf, which at the moment is 2.65.
The rationale is that with changing autoconf versions, the actual
configure script will change forth and back, confusing attributions
(svn blame).

Regards,
Martin