[Python-Dev] PPC Leopard buildbot failing sqlite test for Python 3.2

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Sat Oct 16 22:51:09 CEST 2010

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 13:14:20 -0700, Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:
> There was a test added to the sqlite suite between 3.1 and the current
> 3.x trunk, TestInTransaction.  It's failing pretty consistently on the
> PPC Leopard buildbot (2.7 and 3.1 are testing OK).
> Calling sqlite3.sqlite_version returns 3.4.0.
>
> A couple of things come to mind:
>
> * Does this require a different flavor of the sqlite libraries?  I
>   looked through the 3.x docs and couldn't find any mention of a
>   specific sqlite version.

That's what I was wondering (I see you found the relevant issue...),
but it doesn't *seem* to be a version issue, but it would be
cool if you could check it against 3.7 just for confirmation.

> * Is this a big-endian bug?  Might fail on SPARC, too, then.

It might be, except for two things: it passes on the Sparc Solaris 10
buildbot, and the io module also makes use of a T_BOOL field and
its tests pass on all buildbots.  On the flip side, the only other
failure I've see was on the Debian Sparc buildbot.  Which claims
it is running sqlite 3.7.2-1.  It works for me using 3.7.2 on Gentoo
i86.

> What should I look at?

Good question :)

When I added this it seemed like such a simple thing.  Maybe the
endianness issue is the one to look at, despite the pass on Solaris.

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com