[Python-Dev] Fixing zipfile.BadZipfile to zipfile.BadZipFile

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:13:44 CEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Éric Araujo <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> (A note about PEP 8 compliance: Module names have been mostly fixed, but
> not all function/method names, for example in logging and unittest.  If
> I recall correctly, readability did not seem to make all the rewrites
> worth it.)

Correct. We went through this for one module that I recall (threading)
and that was annoying enough that we mostly left things alone after
that unless they were truly obnoxious.

For threading we were able to clean a lot of things up in the process
(such as adding properties where appropriate), but even so, we still
made sure all the old names continued to work.

Cheers,
Nick.