[Python-Dev] About resolution “accepted” on the tracker

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Tue Oct 19 01:57:04 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:20:13 +0200, <merwok at netwok.org> wrote:
> Raymond Hettinger noticed on the tracker that there are different
> interpretations of the “accepted” resolution:
>
> > Traditionally it denotes an approved patch, not a agreement that the
> > bug is valid.
>
> Daniel Stutzbach and I are (were) two users of the second meaning.  It’s
> more useful to follow Raymond’s meaning, so that a simple query can find
> all accepted patches that are awaiting commit.
>
> I don’t remember if I took up this use from R. David Murray or someone
> else, so I thought I’d redirect the message to python-dev so that all
> triagers can see it.  Forward to python-list as you see fit, I’m not
> subscribed there.

'twasn't me, I figured the resolution field was only for resolved bugs.
I did notice a number of people using for accepted feature requests or
'valid bugs', or sometimes patches accepted in principle that were
nonetheless not quite complete.

Clearly (some) people would *like* a toggle that indicates such a status :)

--
R. David Murray                                      www.bitdance.com