[Python-Dev] [patch] fpconst for python3

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 20 20:35:43 CEST 2010

On Oct 20, 2010, at 05:50 PM, Michael Foord wrote:

>Wow, that's very interesting. Whilst a lot of people on this list will have
>an interest in knowing about this it still isn't the right list for
>discussing it. The python-porting list *is* an entirely appropriate list and
>it would be great to see more traffic there.

Agreed.  python-porting (which I'd forgotten about but just subscribed to)
seems like the right place for cross-distro and other porting issues.

We also have this top page in the wiki:

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PortingToPy3k

Right now it contains guides to porting Python code and C code, but I think it
should also contain pages that coordinate porting efforts for packages on
Cheeseshop and in distros.

-Barry