[Python-Dev] Distutils2 scripts

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Oct 21 01:45:23 CEST 2010

  On 21/10/2010 00:33, Floris Bruynooghe wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry for the late response
>
> On 8 October 2010 13:02, Fred Drake<fdrake at acm.org>  wrote:
>> I'm in favor of add a top-level setup module that can be invoked using
>> "python -m setup ...".
> I'd say +1 for this option.  It has the advantage that it's very clear
> which python environment you're installing (or whatever other valid
> action) the package into.  For a stand-alone script this might not
> always be as clear.

Versioned scripts would also allow that without requiring the extra
typing...

Michael

--

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

READ CAREFULLY. By accepting and reading this email you agree,
on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations
and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements,
licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap,
confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use
policies (”BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your
employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in
perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges.
You further represent that you have the authority to release me
from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.