[Python-Dev] 3.1.3 and 2.7.1 release schedule

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 23 20:03:27 CEST 2010

Am 22.10.2010 16:09, schrieb Benjamin Peterson:
> 2010/10/22 Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl>:
>> On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 00:57, Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:
>>> In the interest of getting 3.1.3 and 2.7.1 out by next year, here's a
>>> tentative release schedule:
>>>
>>> November 13th - RC1
>>> November 27th - RC2
>>> December 11th - Final
>>
>> The last one might clash with the hg migration a bit, do we need to
>> worry about that? Or did you purposely pick the day before the planned
>> hg migration?
>
> I'm not too worried. Commits should be at a minimum, and changesets
> can be tagged post-transition if needed.

I'm worried about build identification. Either the switchover happens
before RC1, or after Final. I expect significant breakage from the
Mercurial switchover, so that should all be figured out before or after
the release.

FWIW, I'm pondering to do all remaining 2.5 release from svn, despite
the switchover to Mercurial, just so that the build identification
does not get harmed.

As a side note - I don't think two release candidates are really
necessary. So if it helps, it may be reasonable to drop one of them.
OTOH, I don't mind having two RCs, either.

Regards,
Martin