[Python-Dev] Multiprocessing maintenance

Ask Solem askh at opera.com
Sun Oct 24 09:33:01 CEST 2010

On Oct 23, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> Who is doing multiprocessing maintenance these days? I thought Ask
>> Solem had been given commit privs for that, but I haven't seen any
>> activity from him; and Jesse is, mostly, absent. Is anyone working on
>> the multiprocessing issues?
>> (no, I'm not planning to address them :-))
> You mean: actively feeling responsible for it? I guess nobody - as for
> many other modules in the standard library.
> Or do you mean: who is willing to work on it, in principle?
> The last committers are georg.brandl, gregory.p.smith,
> martin.v.loewis, and antoine.pitrou.
> Regards,
> Martin

I do feel responsible, and I know Jesse do to.
I'm working on multiprocessing issues every week, though
not as much as I would like to.

I have quite a few patches ready, some in the tracker, some not.
My idea was to send those to Jesse last week for approval,
but for work related reasons I didn't manage to prepare them in

If you have anything you want me to look at please forward it,
and if you already did then don't be afraid to nag me.

{Ask Solem,
 +47 98435213 | twitter.com/asksol }.