[Python-Dev] On breaking modules into packages Was: [issue10199] Move Demo/turtle under Lib/

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 27 05:37:10 CEST 2010

On Oct 26, 2010, at 09:54 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:

>I think it comes down to the preference of whoever works the most
>actively on it. Michael is the most active contributor to unittest by
>far, and I suppose he prefers it to be split into several submodules.

And that seems perfectly reasonable to me, especially if the alternative were
that Michael was so frustrated with a massive single .py file that it
discouraged him from working on it.

If done well, a split can help improve the readability and discoverability of
the code.  I shudder at the madness that a single email.py file would cause.

-Barry