[Python-Dev] Misc/python-mode.el (was Re: r85838 - python/branches/py3k/.gitignore)

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 27 13:35:46 CEST 2010

On Oct 27, 2010, at 03:54 AM, Scott Dial wrote:

>As with others, I don't see the harm in committers who use those tools
>adding and maintaining these files. Seems akin to having
>Misc/python-mode.el and Misc/Vim/python.vim. It's all in the spirit of
>supporting the tools that people are actually using.

Oh crap, Misc/python-mode.el is still there and way out of date.  Please, if
anybody's using it, switch to the latest one at

I'd like to delete the one in Misc for the py3k branch and replace it with a
README.python-mode that points to the new location.  What do y'all think about
doing the same for the Python 2.7 and 3.1 branches?