[Python-Dev] Fixing zipfile.BadZipfile to zipfile.BadZipFile

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Wed Oct 27 20:59:14 CEST 2010

> From: *Boštjan Mejak* <bostjan.mejak at gmail.com>
> Since Python 3.2 accepts feature requests, take this fix as a feature
> request. Please forget about preserving the compatibility with old pickles.

You can reopen #7351 as a feature request for 3.2.  A serious proposal
has to take compatibility into account, note.  It is simply not possible
to break everyone’s pickles for a very minor inconsistency in one name.
 There is a wide Python world out there.

I’d like to suggest again that the time you want to give to Python
(thanks!) would be better employed on something else than BadZipfile.
For example, if you don’t think you can contribute code now, you could
suggest improvements for unclear sections in the documentation.  Recent
reports sent by beginners can be found on the archives of the
docs at python.org mailing list.

Regards