[Python-Dev] Continuing 2.x

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:44:51 CEST 2010

2010/10/27 Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com>

> So, here is my suggestion:
>
> Let’s move the current ‘trunk’ into /branches/afterlife-27.  Open it for
> submissions from people such as myself that use 2.7 on a regular basis and
> are willing to give it some extra love.  Host it there without the usual
> stringent python quality assurance, buildbot support, release management and
> all that rigmarole.

Without that rigmarole I wouldn't consider using such a product. I also
don't know who would, and I think you'll have a hard time marketing a branch
that doesn't receive the attention that the others do.

I think it would be bad to associate an untested, free-for-all version of
Python with python.org.