[Python-Dev] Continuing 2.x

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Oct 28 18:34:03 CEST 2010

Kristján Valur Jónsson <kristjan at ccpgames.com> wrote:

> Let's move the current 'trunk' into /branches/afterlife-27.  Open it
> for submissions from people such as myself that use 2.7 on a regular
> basis and are willing to give it some extra love.

Though I'm not personally convinced it's a good idea, I can see where
some could find it useful.

> Host it there
> without the usual stringent python quality assurance, buildbot
> support, release management and all that rigmarole.  Open-source it,
> if you will.

No real need to go that far, I think.  The tests after all are part of
the source tree, buildbots are still running them, etc.  And if the
buildbot master stops doing that, there are community buildbots for
testing things like this.  Release management is going to happen one
way or another.

Bill