[Python-Dev] Regular scheduled releases

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 30 14:09:25 CEST 2010

> Right, the effort of those people is obviously the limiting factor
> here. Automating builds sounds like a good step forward. What are the
> sticky bits here? Martin, Ronald, how much of the process is not
> automated, and why is automating hard?

I don't feel like producing a complete list of build steps; the entire
process takes about four hours.
The steps that are difficult to automate are:
- code signing
- testing the resulting installer
- uploading

However, in a significant number of releases, some of the build steps
failed, so it requires some investigation to find the source of the
problem.

Regards,
Martin