[Python-Dev] r84430 - in python/branches/py3k: Include/unicodeobject.h Objects/unicodeobject.c

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Fri Sep 3 01:31:13 CEST 2010

Le jeudi 02 septembre 2010 23:19:04, Nick Coghlan a écrit :
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi Victor,
> >
> > 1. This function and PyUnicode_strcat are missing documentation.
> >
> > 2. Are you sure they need to be public APIs?  What are they going to
> >   be used for?  (I'm not sure myself, but I think we usually have a
> >   short notice here when new C APIs are added.)
>
> I believe I first saw them on Victor's branch for improved Unicode
> support (especially in the context of import).

Yes, it is used in my branch. Py_UNICODE_strcat() is used in
make_compiled_pathname(). Py_UNICODE_strdup() is used in
make_source_pathname() and make_compiled_pathname().

> I agree that private _Py prefixes are probably a better idea here. The
> public API should focus on Py_Unicode, with only a minimal collection
> of Py_UNICODE interfaces.

Are you talking about Py_UNICODE_strcat() or Py_UNICODE_strdup() (called
PyUnicode_strdup in py3k branch)?

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/