[Python-Dev] Buffer protocol for io.BytesIO?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri Sep 3 17:49:50 CEST 2010

> It just occurred to me that it could be interpreted as a breach of the
> moratorium. On the other hand, according to PEP 3003:
>
>     “The case for adding a method to a built-in object can be made.”
>
> This case seems even lighter than adding a new method.

I’ve been satisfied to see other proposals breaking the moratorium being
refused. Respecting rules set by ourselves for the benefit of other VMs
sends a good signal.

In this case, the PEP leaves an opening (quoted line above), the change
should be very easy to implement in other VMs, and it’s an elegant way
of adding a useful feature. +1 from me.

Regards