[Python-Dev] 3.2 "What's New"

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Sat Sep 4 01:40:54 CEST 2010

Le samedi 04 septembre 2010 00:52:38, Georg Brandl a écrit :
> For this weekend's 3.2a2, it would be rather nice to have some more
> coverage of changes in the document, since it is the main thing people
> will look at when determining whether to download and test the alpha.

About unicode, Python 3.2 has a better support of undecodable strings,
especially filenames (PEP 383):

 - bytes version of os.environ: os.environb and os.getenvb()
 - better support of undecodable data, eg. in tarfile, pickle, bz2 and
subprocess
 - os.exec*() and subprocess.Popen() accept bytes arguments
 - mbcs encoding (default Windows encoding) is not more strict, eg. don't
encode Ł as L in codepage 1252

I have a list of the related issues, do you need it?

--
Victor Stinner
http://www.haypocalc.com/