[Python-Dev] _PyUnicode_New crash

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Sep 6 14:34:39 CEST 2010

Trigve wrote:
> Hi,
> I've found something strange while using unicode objects in embedded python.
> Here is a situation. I'm creating a couple of unicode objects and then some
> exception is thrown. While handling exception I create 2 unicode object. The 1.
> one is created sucessfully but the second one not. The problem is in
> _PyUnicode_New()
> on line (1):
>
> if (free_list) {
>     unicode = free_list; /*<- (1)*/
>     free_list = *(PyUnicodeObject **)unicode;
>
> In statement "unicode = free_list;" "unicode" pointer is bad pointer, in fact
> it's address is 5 bytes "lower" (i.e. should be 0x030bc3ff but is 0x030bc3fa).
> It looks like this only happens when exception is thrown. Anyone know where
> could be the problem? I'm using python 3.2.1 on Vista with MSVS 2010

Please file a bug report for this. We can then discuss this on the
tracker.

Thanks
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Sep 06 2010)
2010-08-19: Released mxODBC 3.1.0              http://python.egenix.com/
2010-09-15: DZUG Tagung, Dresden, Germany                   8 days to go

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/