[Python-Dev] Volunteer help with porting

Oleg Broytman phd at phd.pp.ru
Tue Sep 7 15:33:30 CEST 2010

Hello. Thank you for the offer!

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 06:36:10PM +0530, Prashant Kumar wrote:
> My name is Prashant Kumar and I wish to contribute to the Python development
> process by helping convert certain existing python
> over to python3k.
>
> Is there anyway I could obtain a list of libraries which need to be ported
> over to python3k, sorted by importance(by importance i mean
> packages which serve as a dependency for larger number of packages being
> more important).

   As there is already Python 3.2 alpha, the core of Python has already
been ported - and this mailing list is for discussion of development of the
very Python, not about working on 3rd-party libraries. I don't know if
there are "near core" unported libraries that the core team would want to
be ported.
   Hence the question belongs rather to python generic news groups/mailing
lists/fora. See http://www.python.org/community/ .
   As for my personal preferences - I would like to see these ported:
-- database drivers, especially MySQL-python and psycopg;
-- GUI frameworks, especially wxPython.

Oleg.
     Oleg Broytman            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd at phd.pp.ru