[Python-Dev] Volunteer help with porting

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Tue Sep 7 16:28:54 CEST 2010

Hello,

> My name is Prashant Kumar and I wish to contribute to the Python development
> process by helping convert certain existing python
> over to python3k.
>
> Is there anyway I could obtain a list of libraries which need to be ported
> over to python3k, sorted by importance(by importance i mean
> packages which serve as a dependency for larger number of packages being
> more important).

I think you should ask on comp.lang.python for people's suggestions.
Also, be aware that some libraries might already be in the process of
being ported. If you consider working on a library, it is probably good
practice to first ask its authors about the status of py3k porting.

I hope you'll find a place where you can contribute.

Regards

Antoine.