[Python-Dev] Volunteer help with porting

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Sep 7 16:58:41 CEST 2010

On 02:34 pm, phd at phd.pp.ru wrote:
>On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 02:02:59PM -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
>wrote:
>>On 01:33 pm, phd at phd.pp.ru wrote:
>>>   As there is already Python 3.2 alpha, the core of Python has
>>>already
>>>been ported
>>
>>How about the email package?
>
>   What about email? It is a core library, right? It has been ported
>AFAIK.
>Or have I missed something?

Are you just assuming that because there have been 3.x releases,
everything in the standard library works properly in 3.x?  Or do you
know something about the email package specifically?

Last I checked, there were a number of outstanding issues with email in
3.x.  And as Michael Foord pointed out, there are other standard library
modules in the same state.

Jean-Paul