[Python-Dev] PEP 3149 thoughts

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Sep 8 20:40:35 CEST 2010

On Sep 08, 2010, at 09:42 AM, Ralf Schmitt wrote:

>If it's useful on unix like systems, why shouldn't it be useful on
>windows? Multiple versions of python can be installed on windows
>too. And people might also like to share their packages between
>installations.

I guess the point is *I* don't know!  I'm not a Windows developer, and I'm
still unable to even build Python on Windows 7 with VS2010.  In the absence of
a Windows developer explicitly saying that it's useful, and offering to help
implement it, then we'll just leave it for configure-based builds.

-Barry