[Python-Dev] cProfile and threads

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Thu Sep 9 06:22:00 CEST 2010

Ok,
I've been busy with other stuff, but I'm almost finished with a patch to submit as an alternative.
cProfile.enable() will then take an "allthreads" argument, which when enabled, will set the profiler state on all threads ­_currently_ running.

Now, I only realized this late, but _currently_ is really not good enough.  In order to do this properly, you want to also profile threads that are created during the session.

For this reason, Maybe I was a bit rash invalidating this.  Anyway, keep your eyes trained on issue 9609 where I'll hopefully put my patch in real soon now.